Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friends and a night to remember


Hello my friends :) I hope you enjoyed a very blessed Easter! It has been a few days since I've been in my little stampin oasis - gasp! But my other favorite place to be is outdoors; in my garden, playing with my kids, lounging in the sun :). The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here, which means lots of spring cleaning and prepping my garden for some lovely flowers. Not to mention keeping up with my little ones running around releasing a lot of pent up 'winter' energy LOL.
Anywho, onto this cute little gift idea. I kreated these little bookmarks for my last workshop. I loved how it turned out! Unfortunately the guests turned out slightly different... In the midst of a crazy storm the power went out, so we had to improvise a bit. My first workshop stamping in candle light! What a hoot, but I rolled with the punches :) And we all had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun, even if their Rich Razzleberry flowers turned into Close to Cocoa flowers (but they looked great anyway) A workshop I will never forget :)
This was how it was supposed to go...
* Very Vanilla was run through the Big Shot with the Two Tags die
* The vine from the Vintage Vogue set, available for a few more weeks in the Occasions Mini, was inked in Mellow Moss
* The flowers inked in Rich Razzleberry (inked off once for a lighter shade)
* 'F' was inked in Choc Chip Craft ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder
* Applied Soft Suede ink to the edges with a Sponge Dauber
* Threaded a piece of Wide Striped Choc Chip ribbon through a Horizontal Slot punch and tied it with a Linen Thread bow.

I'm chuckling just thinking of what a crazy night it was! Ah well... hope you like the bookmark :) Have a great one!!

If you live in the Bergen County NJ area and would like to host a workshop, I'd love to come party with you, with lights or without :) April 1-30 you may be eligible to get a new 2 step stampin set, Awash with Flowers, FREE with your qualifying workshop!!! Contact me so we can schedule a date!

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Those are really gorgeous!

Good for you, standing tall during the storm!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your candlelight workshop story! The show must go on they say! The bookmark is beautiful - love how you used the tag die!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful bookmark! Wonderful story!

Lorraine said...

How pretty! What a wonderful story to go along with a great project.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I love this Kim.

The colors, distressing, ribbon... everything about it is Fantastic!

Mary Fish said...

Cute use of two tags die . . . I love the idea of a candlelight workshop . .. maybe you are on to something new? Hugs, M