Thursday, April 22, 2010

KISS and a Smooch


Its time again for another challenge with the PPA. A KISS challenge, Keep It Simple Sweetie!! A KISS interpretation is to each his own though. For me it is to keep it to minimal/no layers, minimal/no embellishments, clean and minimal time to kreate (which I love, as sometimes I can spend over an hour on one card - many of you know what I'm talking about!) It can definitely be a challenge for me - who doesn't love layers, embellies, lots of 'fluff' :) Who woulda thunk it: simple= hard??? LOL

I LOVE how this looks in person!! The photo seems a bit 'off', but it was the best way I could capture how I Smooched it :)
* I started with a card base of Kraft cardstock (soon to be known as Crumb Cake in the upcoming Color Renovation)
* Inked up 2 images from Watercolor Trio (120084- clear mount)a new set coming in the Summer Mini (sales period begins May 1)in Soft Suede. HINT: For differing shades of color, I inked off once before stamping and gave a lot of pressure or lighter pressure to get lighter 'tones' of Soft Suede.
* Slightly offset the same image inked in Stazon White Ink to give a faux shadow look
* Added my butterfly with Soft Suede ink - again stamping off or not reinking between stamping
* Accented butterflies and floral images with a White Signo Gel Pen
* Sentiment from Thank You Kindly was inked in Choc Chip Craft ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder
* A White Taffeta knot added the perfect pop of 'bright'
* The finesse of this card, ahhhhh a little Smooch!! Gorgeous!! Here I used Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz - you will have 4 'colors' to smooch with in this upcoming mini. And you will LOVE the effect. This soft Vanilla Shimmer Spritz can be compared to Shimmer White Cardstock, but you'll be able to spritz it on any color cardstock you like. Hope that makes sense. SO pretty! I hope you can see it in the photo!

Hope you like my KISSable and Smoochable card. If you do, let me know :) I love to read your thoughts :)

Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) And thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :)

Happy Kreating

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders.



If you don't have a demonstrator and would like a copy of this 31 page new Summer Mini, drop me an email with your address and I'd be happy to pop one in the mail for you!!

14 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Love it! Very pretty.

Carla said...

Kim, how pretty!!! So rich and elegant. Hugs,

Regina Mangum said...

Wow! This has an almost letterpress look to it. It's beautiful, Kim! XO

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I was thinking the same thing as Regina... looks like letterpress.

I LOVE your card!!!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Kim! I just ordered this stamp, can't wait to play with it....but I haven't tried the Smooch stuff yet....not too sure of it!

Kitty A. said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Can't wait to get the smooch stuff.

Patti MacLeith said...

You are making me wish I'd used my smooch spray! I need to open it up and use it! Very special card!

Debbie said...

Stunning!! Everything you used to create this is now on my list!! :)

Cards by Gina said...

You dazzle with Smooch! Unbelievable how pretty your card is! I love it.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is breathtaking! I absolutely love it! And I am all for Smooching!

Linda Callahan said...

Kissing and smooching! Wow this is gorgeous - you are such an artist!

Barb Furlong said...

I have let to buy any of the smooching paints but I just might have to...great card.

Amy Hoffman said...

Love your card! The smooch totally takes it up a notch!

Martha said...

Just beautiful. It almost looks like the images are pressed into the cards.