Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Poppin' Trio









Can you believe I have never tried the Poppin Pastels Technique? I can't be the only one, can I? Don't be intimidated it is super easy and with such a pretty result! I will admit that my Pastels often are neglected, but after trying this technique I will definitely play with them some more. I decided to use the new Watercolor Trio set, which will be available to order May 1 :) - you are going to enjoy the jam packed Summer Mini products!
The rest of the card came together using the Splitcoast Clean and Simple (CAS63) challenge inspired card here and the Color Challenge (CC268)combo of Old Olive, Barely Banana, and Ballet Blue. I'm enjoying the recent color challenges as they are focusing on some colors that we will bid Farewell to - this allows me to use up some supplies and make room for the Color Renovation :)

* Started with a Whisper White panel

* Inked up my flower image from Watercolor Trio(120084-clear), available May 1, in VersaMark and stamped onto Whisper White. FYI: VersaMark is a watermark which kreates a translucent image. Great for this technique, tone on tone backgrounds, embossing - a staple in my bag of tricks :)

* Transform those beautiful flowers using your Pastels (chalks). Use your color index in the kit to get your coordinating SU colors! Stems with Old Olive, floral centers and butterfly with Barely Banana and flowers in Ballet Blue. Tip: The little applicators that come with the pack work great for intricate images, but q-tips and/or sponge daubers(for larger images) work great too

* Added a gorgeous Old Olive Ribbon and Jumbo White Grommet with an Old Olive 'knot' in the middle for some interest

* Inked up the sentiment, from the set, in Ballet Blue and with my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, 'framed'/pierced around my ribbon treatment

* Puckered up and gave a little Smooch... you are going to love this new product in the upcoming Summer Mini, a little Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz was the perfect touch to give this card a subtle but definitely pizazzy finish. More pop! :)

* Matted onto a Barely Banana standard card base

I really enjoyed this technique and I hope if you are neglecting your Pastels(chalks) you'll pop 'em out for the Poppin' Technique!!

Any questions about any of my kreations, I am only a click away :) And thanks for taking a moment to stop by to get a little dose of me :) I always love to know your thoughts- I truly appreciate them!

With all the excitement of the new Summer Mini coming May 1st,
DON'T FORGET, Ending April 30th:
* Occasions Mini
* 20% Off select 2 step stampin set
* Country Living a la carte kit

You can purchase all products online with me or email me with your orders, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Happy Kreating


If you don't have a demonstrator and would like a copy of this 31 page new Summer Mini, drop me an email with your address and I'd be happy to drop one in the mail for you!!

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love that ribbon! It really sets off this very pretty card! However, the smooch was the perfect touch!

Linda Callahan said...

Gotta admit I have never popped pastels but you are the perfect popper! Another beauty!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Very, very pretty.

Love the shine!

Lorraine said...

Great image for that technique. It looks so pretty. Haven't tried the Smooch yet. Looks like fun!

Martha said...

Your right, I can't believe you've never used your pastels. lol I forget to use mine as well. Beautiful job!

Patti MacLeith said...

oh, how very pretty!

Carla said...

Kim, your card is so beautiful... I love it and all the extra's you added to it. I've never used this technique yet... apparently I should be. I love it. Hugs,